What are the key attributes of fluoride? They refer to fluoride as nature’s cavity fighter because it is a naturally occurring mineral that can strengthen and protect tooth enamel.
Tooth enamel is the thin film on the surface of your teeth the protects your teeth from damage caused by bacteria and harmful acids that can cause infection, erosion, and decay. For more information, listed below are a few vital facts about fluoride:
– Fluoride is often included in many types of toothpaste. Always be on the lookout for the ADA Seal of Acceptance from the American Dental Association on packages of toothpaste to ensure it reaches the standards required to effectively protect and clean your teeth.
– If you seek a professional application of fluoride, they can be administered by your dentist at the office.
– Fluoride supplements can also be acquired online or in stores in lozenge form, as well as tablets and drops.
– Fluoride can be found in naturally-occurring water all over the world and it has been added to the public drinking water supply to deliver an additional layer of protection for your teeth.
– Sugarless gum is another tool that you can use in your oral health repertoire.
For any additional questions or concerns, Smiles of East Lake is here to help you with all your oral health needs. For a complete diagnosis from Dr. Eric Eusebio and our team at our dentist office in Chula Vista, California, you can schedule an appointment by calling us at 619.482.1962. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.