Flossing can be a tricky task, which is why we are here to help you learn how to floss properly!
To successfully and completely clean your smile, please follow these five flossing steps:
1. Break off about 18 inches of floss from the floss container. Wind most of the floss around one of your middle fingers. Then, wind the rest of the floss around the middle finger on your opposite hand. This finger will wind and hold the dirty floss after you use it.
2. Hold the floss firmly between your thumbs and forefingers.
3. Gently slide the floss between two of your teeth. Use a gentle rubbing motion and never snap the floss into the gums.
4. When you reach the gum line, be extremely careful. Curve the floss into a “C” shape and gently slide it into the space between the gums and tooth.
5. After you clean the gum line, hold the floss tightly against the side of the tooth and rub it with an up and down motion, freeing the food particles and plaque that reside there. Then, repeat this motion between each tooth. Don’t forget to clean the back of your last tooth.
Flossing is an important and vital task when it comes to cleaning your smile, and we recommend flossing at least once a day. There are also many different types of flossing products available, so if you would like to know which floss is best for you, please feel free to talk to our dental team and ask for suggestions. We are here to help you in any way we can, and we look forward to helping you achieve a beautiful and clean smile!